July 19th, 2021
Dear Residents and Families,
Based on the current BHSL and DOH guidelines all visits will continue to be scheduled through our activities department. For our residents on hospice services, visits will continue to be scheduled through administration. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our visitation policy please feel free to reach out to the administration. Please refer to the following information in regards to visitation procedures and scheduled times:
For any family member coming to visit we ask that you please supply Saucon Valley Manor with a copy of your vaccination card if you have received the vaccine so we may keep it for our records. Please be mindful that in any healthcare facility such as hospitals, doctor’s offices, and long-term care facilities, masks are still required to be worn within the facility. Masks can be removed during in-room visits if both resident and visitor(s) have been vaccinated. Masks must be worn when walking to and from the resident’s room. In addition, masks must also be worn if the resident or the visitor(s) have not received their COVID-19 vaccine.
For any family member dropping off packages or groceries for residents in our Personal Care/ Assisted Living sections, families are to please deliver the items to the resident’s room during their scheduled visitation. Saucon Valley Manor will no longer be delivering any packages or groceries brought in by families for the residents but will continue to deliver those packages that have been shipped to the facility. Saucon Valley Manor will also continue to deliver packages or groceries to our residents in our memory care units until in-room visitation begins in those units.
Please note that Saucon Valley Manor tries to accommodate all of our families with visitation but we must also take into consideration all residents’ meal and activities times. To allow for more scheduled visitations, Saucon Valley Manor has extended in-room visitation times for our Personal Care and Assisted Living residents to the following daily schedule:
10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
We are happy to announce that Saucon Valley Manor will be opening up to scheduled in-room visits in our memory care sections on July 4, 2021, for those residents who reside in private secured memory care rooms. If your loved one resides in a shared memory care room, visitations will continue to be scheduled in designated visitation are or underneath the tent. To schedule an in-room visit you can contact Nancy or Jen at 484-241-9169. Visitation times will be daily from:
10:00 AM-11:30 AM
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Saucon Valley Manor is will be opening facility-wide to all sections of the building for unscheduled visits beginning Monday, July 19, 2021, as long as there is no increase in cases or rise in positivity rate within our county during the 2-week period of July 4- July 18th. Visitation hours will remain 10:00 AM- 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM- 4:00 PM daily until further notice. Any visitation outside of the visitation times will need to be arranged through Administration. All visitors will continue to enter through the lower level lobby to sign, be screened, receive visitation stickers, and wash hands. Visitors must continue to go directly to the resident’s room for visits and must wear masks. Please refrain from gathering in any common area out of respect to all the residents and to those residents who still may be fearful of the virus. When leaving from your visit we ask that you walk directly back to the lower level lobby to sign out and exit through the lobby doors.
As always we thank all of you for your cooperation and understanding throughout the pandemic.
– Your Team at Saucon Valley Manor
March 18th, 2021
Dear Residents and Families,
Saucon Valley Manor wants to extend our gratitude for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 pandemic this past year. We understand how difficult it has been for our residents and all of you. Thankfully with the assistance of Lehigh Valley Health Network and Rite Aid Pharmacy 97 % of our residents and the majority of our staff have been fully vaccinated. We will be scheduling additional clinics to ensure all residents and staff continue to get the vaccine. Saucon Valley Manor continues to work diligently to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of our residents. As more and more people within Pennsylvania are being vaccinated and in accordance with Governor Wolf’s request, Saucon Valley Manor is safely expanding its visits for our residents and families. Changes to the visitation may need to be modified if the number of COVID cases increase within the county over 10%
- With spring arriving and the anticipation of warmer weather, Saucon Valley Manor will be installing outdoor visitation areas underneath tents in which you may visit your loved one during a scheduled visit. The area will be cleaned and disinfected after each visit.
- We will also be continuing with our indoor visitation areas as well as FaceTime and window visits.
- Any indoor visit will continue behind plexiglass unless both resident and visitor have received their full vaccine doses. If a family member and resident have both received vaccines you can choose to visit at a sitting area provided in our Community Events Room as long as both resident and visitor maintain a social distance of six feet, both resident and family member are wearing facemasks securely and a vaccine card is provided to Administration for the family member visiting.
- All visitors will continue to be screened prior to their visit. All visitors must be wearing a mask securely covering the nose and mouth and hands must be washed at our hand washing station prior to the visitation. We ask that you please continue to limit visitation to 2 visitors per visitation session. Please remember that if you are sick, please refrain from visiting.
- If you would like to hug your loved one, Saucon Valley Manor will provide you with a disposable gown to wear to be able to do so. Please ask for a gown at the time of your visit and your gown will need to be disposed of at the end of your visit. We also ask that if you choose to hug your loved one that your mask be worn properly ensuring that it is covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- All visits whether indoor or outdoor will need to be scheduled by contacting our Activities Department. For our Personal Care residents, Marissa can be contacted at 484-523-1310 and for our Memory Care residents, Nancy can be contacted at 484-241-9169. All visits are limited to 30 minutes and the hours for visitation will be as follows.
Memory Care Residents: 10:00 am till 1:30 pm
Personal Care Residents: 1:30 pm till 4:30 pm
– Your Team at Saucon Valley Manor
We are happy to report we have completed our Universal Testing for COVID-19 for our residents and staff, as per State regulations.
VISITATION of your loved one is welcomed now at our Manors of the Valley locations. Visits can be arranged through appointments with our Activities Departments. Please refer to the instructions and contact information for the location that you would like to visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!